How to Use Video Marketing To Grow Your Business
How do I use video marketing for my business is a question I get asked often. Today I am going to be giving out a few different ways you can implement more video content into your brand's social media, website, or blog.
This isn't the end all be all list of types of videos you can do, it's just some concepts to help you get the ball rolling in a strong direction.
You have a few different ways to learn, either read the blog, watch the youtube video, or listen to the podcast. Choose one of those three below.
Let's get started...
1. Start With The Question, "What Is My Objective?"
- Gain Sales
- Gain Email Sign Ups
- Gain Engagement
- Build Awareness
2. Choose A Style Video You Would Like To Shoot
- Product Based Video
- Customer Based Video
- Company Based Video
3. Product Based Videos(5 concepts)
- Best Sellers(Display the products you know your customers will love, to keep inventory flowing out the door)
- New Arrivals(Display new brands, or specific new products available)
- Gift Guide(Top Jackets For Men - Winter 17, etc)
- Timed Sale(2hr, 24hr, 48hr, Weekend Sale, BOGO, Percent Off, Dollar Amount Off)
- Review(Product details, fit, stretch, fabric, best uses)
- Client Testimonial(Have a good customer get in front of the camera to talk highly of your brand)
- Client Pick of the month(Consistent shopper talks about there top picks)
- Contest/Giveaway(Gift card, Assorted product box, etc)
- Address questions that customers commonly ask(FAQ)
- Informative(Difference between fabric types, ways to get stains out of shirts, etc)
- About Us(Inform a new customer about your brand in 30 seconds)
- Upcoming Event(Raise awareness about an upcoming event)
- New Hire(Have new hires introduce themselves, after 15 days of working)
- Store Overview(Give the customers a perspective of where/what they will see)
- Upcoming Sale Promotion(Build hype on upcoming sale)
- Behind The Scenes(Unboxing, Hanging, Care)
- How To/Guide Video(Choosing the right shirt, pairing)
- How It's Made
- Viral Trend(Mannequin Challenge, etc)
- Try Our Affiliate Program(Video Email to Current Customers)
7. Videos That Are Top Priority
- About Us
- Product Reviews
Having a goal in place for your videos is essential to get started. If you are having a sale pick one of the sale example videos I listed. If you are updating your website about page, look into the About Us video I mentioned. The secret to good video marketing is testing. Test different offers and content styles to see what your clients enjoy most and get the most conversions.
About the Author: Blake Hickey - For over a decade my passion has been helping fashion companies BREAKTHROUGH the noise of online media and massively increase their profits. As founder and creative director of Hickey Media, I continue to find ways to help my customers excel. Connect with me on Instagram @HickeyMedia or LinkedIn.